Back to Programs
- All short-term courses will be offered pending enrollment. Please contact the Adult Education office of
Collins Career Center to receive further information on dates and times.
- 10 weeks, 60 hours, dates and times TBA
- Completers of the EKG Technician Course can learn to operate equipment used in hospitals, clinics, and doctors'
offices. Previous health-field experience is recommended. Students will sit for the National Certification Exam
Emergency Medical Technician
Basic Emergency Medical Technician
- 150 hours, Monday and Wednesday 6 P.M. to 10 P.M.
- Two classes per year starting January and August
Emergency medical Responder
Fire and Emergency Medical Services Training
- This course is offered depending on enrollment.
Continuing Education for EMS and Fire Personnel
Emergency Medical Responder
- 48 hours, dates and time TBA
- 40 hours, 5 weeks, One day per week
- Participants must be a Licensed Practical Nurse prior to registering for class.
Medical Coding and Billing
- 16 weeks, dates and times TBA
- This course focuses on concepts of coding and billing.
Advanced Medical Coding and Billing
- 16 weeks; dates and times TBA
- This course focuses on more advanced coding and billing techniques; it includes medical manager software for billing.
- 8 weeks, dates and times TBA
- Learn basic medical terminology
Refrigerant Transition and Recovery Certification for HVACR Technicians
- EPA approved, dates and times TBA
- This program assumes that participants have prior refrigeration and air-conditioning system competency which is
necessary for effective recovery of refrigerant. System competency is tested in four parts. All tests include 25
questions on a core section covering environmental impact of CFC's and HCFCS, laws and regulations, and changing
industry outlook. There are 25 questions each in the following certification areas:
- Type I: Small Appliance
- Type II: High Pressure/Very High Pressure
- Type III: Low Pressure
- Universal certification is granted upon successful completion of the core, Type I, Type II, and Type III
(100 total questions). The core section is a prerequisite to any certification.
- Taking applications now at Collins Career Center Coordinator: Ken Bentley (740) 867-6641, Ext. 420
State-Tested Nurse's Assistant
- 96 hours, times TBA, Fall and Spring classes offered
- Nurse Assistants work in nursing homes, home-health settings, hospitals, clinics, and doctors' offices. Graduates
are qualified to take the CPR Test and the State Nursing Assistant Test for certification.
Technical and Trade Short-Term Classes
- Classes in specific skills found in both the Technical/Trade section of this website or the Collins Career Center
Adult Education catalog are available in short term courses. For more information, please contact Ken Bentley, 740-867-6641, Ext. 420.
Emergency Medical Technician Refresher
- Monday and Wednesday, 6 P.M. to 10 P.M.
EMS Instructor Course
Advanced Airway Course, 12 Hours
- Cost $75.00
- Arranged as needed