- Graduates from full-time programs receive a certificate through the Ohio Department of Education/ Division of Vocational Education and Collins Career Technical Center when the following requirements are met:
- Students must have completed a minimum of 600 classroom/ laboratory hours.
- Students must have attained a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better, and
- Students must have maintained at least 85% attendance
- All graduates of Collins Career Technical Center will receive a Career Passport. The Career Passport is designed to showcase the skills and competencies each student has mastered during their career program.
- Each Career Passport includes:
- Certificate of Completion
- Competency List of skills learned and mastered throughout the career program
- Letter of support and recommendation from the Superintendent
- Upon graduation, students may use their passport to present their qualifications to potential employers during job interviews.
- Placement services are provided to graduates of full-time programs. A representative from the Workforce Development Resource Center, located in Ironton, Ohio, will speak to each class before graduation to assist each student in the registration process for job placement services. Students may also schedule individual appointments with the Placement Coordinator. Up-to-date job openings are also posted in a central location.
- Vocational Assessment is offered through the Workforce Development Resource Center located at 120 North 3rd Street in Ironton, Ohio. Vocational Assessment is a process in which individual adult students are aided in;
- Identifying occupational and training interests
- Determining strengths and weaknesses
- Identifying work values
- Identifying realistic occupational goals and interests
- All students attending Collins Career Technical Center will receive consultation on the development of individual resumes.
- GED preparation is provide Monday through Thursday at two locations in Lawrence County Monday - Thursday 9:00am - 4:00pm:
- Ironton WDRC 740-532-3140 x1260
- Collins Career Technical Center 304-416-0391
- These services are offered at no cost to the student. Students participating in the GED preparation course may obtain
a fee waiver for the GED examination. The classes enable students to learn basic skills at their own pace. Classroom experiences
will involve individual instruction along with classroom demonstrations.
- Students may enter the program at anytime by calling 740-532-3140
- ABLE services are for students to improve basic skills, study to pass entrance exams including Work Keys, or advance at
their jobs. ABLE service times and locations are the same as for the GED course.
- For additional information, please contact 740-532-3140