Back to Program Areas
Heating and Air Conditioning
- The Heating and Air Conditioning program prepares students to install, maintain, and repair refrigeration
and heating equipment that controls temperature, humidity, and air quality in buildings.
Areas of Instruction Include:
- Fundamentals of Electricity
- Tubing Work
- Refrigeration Cycles
- Sheet Metal
- Duct Work Installation
- Heat Pumps
- EPA Refrigeration Training
Post-Secondary Education Opportunities
- Graduates of this program may enter adult-education or technical-school programs in Heating, Air Conditioning,
and Refrigeration Technology.
- College-degree programs are available in Environmental Control Technology.
- Heating and Air Conditioning graduates may work as an entry-level air conditioning or heating-equipment
technician for companies that manufacture, sell, install, or repair commercial, industrial, or residential
heating and cooling systems.
Related Occupations with Additional Education
- Plumber and pipe-fitter; heating/ air product sales representative; certified technician; heating, air
conditioning and refrigeration business owner.